When I found this recipe an internet search turned up loads of different recipes. Many involved boxed cake mixes (yuck), rum, currants, or other ingredients I did not have on hand. This recipe I found from Chocolate, Chocolate, and More (check out her site, loads of great stuff!) was a simple and classic pound cake recipe that had a very subtle eggnog flavor. Perfect for my taste- nothing overwhelming. I hope you enjoy it!
Eggnog Pound Cake
(Recipe Source: Chocolate, Chocolate, and More)
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup room temperature butter
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup eggnog
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons eggnog
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt with a whisk. Set aside.
3. In a mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the vanilla.
5. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the eggnog.
6. Spread into two prepared loaf pans.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the pans rest on a cooling rack for 20 minutes before removing. Remove the loaves and finish cooling completely before glazing.
8. Mix the glaze ingredients until it has reached a desired consistency. Pour over the cooled loaves. Let the glaze set before serving. Chill the bread before wrapping to give as a gift.
Candy Cane Cookies & Cream Popcorn
Candy Cane Marshmallows
Easy Homemade Marshmallows
Hot Fudge Sauce
Peppermint Bark Munch