Candy Cane Buttercream Frosted Brownies
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1-2 tablespoons of milk
1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 candy canes, crushed
1/4 cup cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x11 inch pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
3. Melt the butter. Pour into a large bowl and whisk in the chocolate chips until melted. Whisk in the sugar and then the eggs. Stir in the dry ingredients.
4. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
5. For the buttercream, beat the butter together with the powdered sugar and extract. Add enough milk until it reaches a desired consistency. Add the crushed candy cane and frost the cooled brownies. Cut into squares.
6. Melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and stir in the oil. Drizzle over the frosted, cut brownies.