She found this recipe on her own after wanting to make something similar to my Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies but with graham crackers instead. She even tweaked the recipe and made them her own. These cookies ended up being so good that I promised her I'd set aside some time to blog about them and share them with all of you.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we have!
(adapted from Betty Crocker)
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 sleeve ground Nabisco Original Graham Crackers (about full sheets 8 crackers)
1/8 teaspoon salt
30 large marshmallows cut in half (one-half for each cookie)
about 4 full-size Hershey bars (one small piece per cookie)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat until incorporated.
3. Add the flour, salt, and the finely ground graham crackers on slow speed. Mix just until combined.
4. Use a small cookie scoop and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet pan about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, dip a pair of kitchen scissors in a glass of water and cut the marshmallows in half.
7. After the cookies are baked, gently press the cut side down of the marshmallow into each cookie. 8. Bake for 2 minutes longer.
9. After 2 minutes, place one rectangle of a Hershey bar on top of each marshmallow. Do not place them back in the oven. Allow the cookie sheet pan to cool on a cooling rack.
Makes about 60 cookies depending on the size.