(Adapted from: Sally's Baking Addiction)
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (10 oz bag) Butterfingers, chopped (about 2 cups)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well blended. Add the vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this to the creamed butter/sugar mixture.
4. With the mixer on low, blend in the chopped Butterfingers.
5. Use a cookie scoop (or two spoons) and place the cookie dough balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet pan about 3 inches apart.
6. Bake for about 9-10 minutes. For chewy cookies, remove them from the oven while they are still slightly underdone and place the cookie sheet pan on a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to continue cooking as they cool on the sheet pan. After about 10-15 minutes, remove the cookies from the pan and allow them to continue cooling on the cooling rack.