Happy Mama comes out when I'm cooking with wine. As Julia Child said, "I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food I am cooking."
Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Risotto
4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup arborio rice
1 cup white wine
3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 cup baby spinach, shredded
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring the broth to a low simmer while you prepare the risotto.
2. In a large pot, heat the olive oil and cook the onion for 5-10 minutes or until they begin to look translucent. Add the garlic and rice and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Add the white wine and stir until absorbed, (about 5 minutes or less.) When the wine is absorbed, add 1/2 cup broth, stirring until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat with another 1/2 cup of broth.
4. Continue repeating this process for about 20 minutes or until the mixture is creamy and the rice is chewy yet firm.
5. Off heat, stir in the butter, spinach, the optional basil, tomatoes and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.