Recently I have received two blogging awards. Being new to this world of blogging I really have no idea what a blogging award is. But one thing I do know, it was given with love from fellow bloggers and I am honored and touched.
A big thank you to Mateja, a fantastic cook at Indulging Life, for the 'Most Deserved Award'....
And another big thanks to the very talented Young Adventures for the 'Stylish Blogger Award'...
Check out the fantastic sites of these fellow bloggers!
Now with this latest blog award I believe I'm suppose to tell 7 things about myself that you might not know. Since I covered a lot in my 'about me' it was a challenge to come up with 7 more. So here are a few very random things that came off the top of my head.....
1. I am one of the 2% of the population that is a natural blonde.
2. Each of my children are a miracle that I treasure. Giving birth naturally was one of the most exhilarating and primal experiences of my life.
3. I will forever be grateful to the doctors who saved my vision a few years ago. The fact that I can use that eye to see through the lens of a camera to photograph this amazing world God created is not something I will ever take for granted.
(photograph taken by my then 4 year old daughter)
4. My husband was a tattoo artist when I met him in college. He is one of the most amazing, talented, and creative people I know. I thank God for the day our paths crossed in the art department at school all those years ago. Our children our blessed to call him 'daddy'.
5. I was a painfully shy child but gradually came out of my shell. Some of my friends would probably even consider me, at times, loud and obnoxious. ;) I still deal with insecurities and stage fright. Shaky hands while trying to play piano in front of a large crowd still proves to be a challenge.
6. Peaches, cream cheese, margarine, and anything from the ocean makes me gag. Seriously, you don't know what seeing this picture on my blog is doing to me right now.
7. Despite all my vegetarian cooking: I Love Meat. For many reasons, Daddy D and I went on a reduced meat diet. Gradually, our bodies began thanking us for the plant based diet and we decided to run with it.
Thank you again for your faithful following and comments!