A friend of mine vacations in Michigan every summer and brings be back the most amazing dried cherries. This past year I decided to bake some of them into these delicious cookies. If you don't like dried cherries, try some dried cranberries, raisins, or add in some chopped nuts instead.
Triple Chocolate Cherry Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 8 ounce milk chocolate candy bar, grated
1 cup dried cherries
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cream the sugars and butter together. Add the eggs and the vanilla extract.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together and add that to the butter mixture.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips, grated chocolate, and dried cherries.
5. Roll the dough into 1" balls and palace about 2" apart on a parchment lined sheet pan.
6. Bake 7-8 minutes.