This delicious recipe for Cinnamon Banana Batter French Toast takes those overly ripe bananas you have sitting on your kitchen counter and blends them into the egg batter for this amazing french toast recipe. If you like my recipe for Banana Bread French Toast where you dip banana bread into the egg batter, you will love how easy this recipe is. Surprise the mom in your life with this recipe for Mother's Day. It will not disappoint!
Cinnamon Banana Batter French Toast
8 thick slices bread
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 very ripe bananas
2-3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Place all the ingredients (except the bread and melted butter) in a blender or food processor.
2. Pour the batter into a shallow bowl. Soak each side of the bread for 10-20 seconds.
3. Brush a medium hot skillet with some melted butter and cook the french toast for 3-4 minutes per side.
4. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep in a warm oven until you have finished with all the bread slices.
5. Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a drizzle of pancake syrup.