There are oven fries, and then there are crisp oven fries. These fries were easy to prepare and required no deep fryer. Perfect with burgers on the grill.
Crispy Oven Fries
(from Cook's Country)
4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick fries (I left the skins on)
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your oven to 450F and adjust the oven rack so that it is at its lowest position. Place the potatoes in a large glass bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave for 3-5 minutes or until they begin to turn translucent on the edges. Shake the potatoes halfway through cooking.
2. Remove the potatoes, and place them on a cooling rack. Dry them on all sides with some paper towels.
3. Coat a large rimmed cookie sheet pan with 5 tablespoons of oil. Place this pan in the hot oven for about 5 to 7 minutes. Whisk the remaining oil, cornstarch, and salt in a large bowl and toss the potatoes to coat.
4. Arrange in a single layer on the hot sheet pan and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes or until the are crisp and brown. Flip the potatoes half way through cooking.
5. Sprinkle with additional coarse sea salt.
Linked to: Mangia Mondays, Made it on Monday, Recipe Lion