I was browsing Pinterest the other day when I was inspired by a photo for Guacamole Grilled Cheese. So, I set out to make my own using my favorite guacamole recipe.
I have one word for you: Fabulous!
Now, making guacamole grilled cheese really isn't rock science. I'm not going to bore you with a long recipe.
In a nut shell, here's what you do...
Guacamole Grilled Cheese
1. Butter the outsides of some whole wheat panini-style sandwich bread.
2. Slice some sharp cheddar cheese and some Roma tomatoes.
3. Make up a batch of fresh guacamole. You can find my recipe here. (I left the tomatoes out and saved them for slicing.)
4. Layer one slice of bread with cheese, guacamole, sliced tomato, more cheese, and the final slice of bread.
5. Grill on a hot griddle or cast iron skillet on both sides until the bread is toasty and the cheese is melty.
That's it. Bam. Done. Acabado. You have made heaven in a sandwich.
Other grilled sandwiches you may enjoy:
Grilled Sweet Onion Panini with a Garlic White Bean Spread
Pesto Panini Sandwich
Provolone White Bean Grilled Panini with Basil & Tomato
Spinach Artichoke and Hummus Panini