These peppermint shortbread squares make a wonderful addition to your holiday party.
Or, wrap them up and they become a delicious gift to give this season!
Peppermint Shortbread Squares
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 regular sized candy canes, crushed and mixed with 1 tablespoon sugar
3 ounces almond bark (candy coating)
1. Beat the butter and powdered sugar together until fluffy.
2. On low speed, add in the flour and peppermint extract.
3. On an un-greased cookie sheet, pat the dough into a square about 3/4-inch thick. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
5. Cut the dough into rows about 1 1/2-inch square. Separate with a knife so there is at least 1/4-inch between the cookies. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
6. Drizzle the cookies with melted almond bark and sprinkle with the candy/sugar mixture.
Linked to: Weekend Potluck