Well, at least, I can imagine there would be nothing as delicious as waking up to that smell.
I have never had the pleasure of experiencing this since I'm the one up bright and early creating these delicious smells coming from the kitchen.
(Oh how blessed my family is.)
This season, why not let your kitchen be filled with the smell of pumpkin and cinnamon. These delicious little muffins even take on the taste of a doughnut when dunked in butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar. They are sure to be a hit with your family!
If you're lucky, they may even say they are blessed.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
For rolling the muffins:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar mixed with 2 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the milk and pumpkin. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and 1/2 cup of sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue mixing.
5. Add the dry ingredients gradually, alternating with the pumpkin/milk mixture.
6. Fill the prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full and bake for about 20 minutes.
7. Cool for a few minutes on a cooling rack. When cool enough to handle, roll in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Makes about 30 mini muffins.