Hearty Beer Bread
3 cups flour (all-purpose or a mix of white and whole wheat)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 bottle room temperature beer (Non-alcoholic beer works fine too, though I would recommend a darker, amber non-alcoholic beer if you can find it.)
3-4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the beer and stir for about 20 strokes, just until the flour is incorporated. (Try and not over-stir the batter.)
4. Pour into your prepared pan and drizzle with the melted butter.
5. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes on a cooling rack before removing it from the pan.
Featured on Recipe Lion.
Linked to: Weekend Potluck, Skip to My Lou