Peppermint Sprinkle Top Cookies
1 c. (2 sticks) room temperature, unsalted butter
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbs. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. oatmeal
4 squares almond bark (or more as needed)
about 3 candy canes, crushed (or more as needed)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine the flour, salt, and oatmeal and stir with a whisk.
3. Cream together the butter and powdered sugar.
4. Beat in vanilla and gradually add dry ingredients.
5. Roll into 3/4 inch balls and bake on an un-greased cookie sheet (or parchment lined sheet) for about 20 minutes. Keep your eye on these, they can burn easily.
6. When cool, dip in melted almond bark and crushed candy cane.
Linked to: Today's Creative Blog