There is decadent and then there is over-the-top decadent. These would fall under the category of over-the-top. (But, not in a bad way.)
My husband said that if Ben & Jerry's made brownies, these would be them. I remember watching a show once about B&J and how they cut their tubs of ice cream in half to make sure that the chunky ingredients were evenly distributed throughout the whole carton of ice cream.
These brownies are PACKED with Butterfingers. Trust me, every bite is loaded with them.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies
(Source: Recipe Girl)
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups light brown sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup flour
a pinch of salt
16 "snack sized" Butterfinger candy bars, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a 13x9 inch pan with greased foil.
2. Melt the chocolate and set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and brown sugar. Add the chocolate and mix. Next add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Mix in the flour, pinch of salt and stir in all but 3/4 of a cup of Butterfinger to reserve as topping.
4. Pour into the prepared pan and top with the reserved Butterfingers.
5. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes and allow to cool completely.
(Do not attempt to cut these bars until they have been well chilled in the refrigerator.)
Oh yes, they are THAT good.
Featured on: Foodgwaker, Tastespotting, Love from the Oven
Linked to: Alli n' Son, Something Swanky, Sweet as Sugar Cookies, Crazy for Crust